- The World’s Largest Solar Timepiece and a sculptural structure of breathtaking scale and beauty.
- A national landmark, and visitor attraction of international significance.
- Associated with two world centres of excellence – the Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge and the Royal Observatory Greenwich via Dr Robin Catchpole.
- An interactive scientific instrument, and huge educational resource, exploring the relationship of the earth and the sun.
- The potential to support causes of national concern through the ‘Time for All’ fundraising’ initiative.
- A credible project management team of international repute.
- A visionary and iconic symbol for a challenging future. A ‘peoples memorial’, a statement of hope and renewal, of success and ambition.
- An environmentally sustainable structure harnessing heat and energy from the sun.
A dynamic demonstration of the enmeshing of space-time and form, transience and permanence, on a truly monumental scale.Richard Swain